Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Brilliance of Stars by J'nell Ciesielski - A Book Review

  

The writing in this story, the elements of plot, dialogue, pacing,and the like are top notch. The story is original, the characters endearing, and the suspense captivating. However, there is one personal preference that dampens my enthusiasm for The Brilliance of Stars. I love series that have a thread of mystery that carries the reader from one book to the next, but that also has a mystery that is particular to each book and that is brought to a satisfying conclusion in that book. I wish that books that end in a total cliffhanger requiring one to wait until the release of the next book, and maybe the one after that, before reaching any satisfying conclusion came with a warning label allowing readers to make a choice before investing hours of reading time. That said, at least I know I can count on good quality writing when the next book in Ciesielski's Jack and Ivy series is released.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Brilliance of Stars from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment