Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Authentically, Izzy by Pepper Basham - A Book Review

  

Authentically, Izzy is an epistolary novel, one of only two or three that I have read. I must admit, it is not my favorite book structure, but it worked for this fun, contemporary novel. The book is largely made up of digital communication between Izzy, her cousins, and a book-loving guy she met through an online dating site. While this grandma of four didn't relate to many things in this story of contemporary dating, I could relate to the love of books, reading them and sharing them. I also related to the importance of being true to oneself, and the wonder of falling in love. Pepper Basham infuses this story with a lot of humor, largely in the banter between siblings and cousins.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Authentically, Izzy from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley without obligation. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lighthearted love story. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment