Sunday, December 4, 2022

On My Honor by Patty Smith Hall - A Book Review

  


Barbour Publishing's Heroines of WWII series has been wonderful, but On My Honor has a special heroine, or to be more accurate a group of heroines, a troop of Girl Scouts and their leader. The story is set on an island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Ginny Mathis is teaching her troop of Scouts, including her sister, ways to assist the war effort such as advanced first aid and maritime map reading. She led them in activities such as collecting fat to be turned in and used in the making of bullets. Ginny did not anticipate, however, that the girls would become involved in the search for a German spy. This novel is a quick read with a group of WWII era Nancy Drews. It was an entertaining read.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of On My Honor from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment