Tuesday, September 22, 2026

A Lighthouse Legacy by Jo James - A Book Review

  

A Lighthouse Legacy is the fifth book in Guideposts Gift Shop Mystery series. Each installment is written by a different author, but readers would never know that if the authors' names were not provided because they have each done such a wonderful job of maintaining a constant voice and keeping the characters' natures consistent from one story to the next. It is enjoyable to get to know and revisit characters over a series longer than the typical trilogy. This series would qualify as a cozy mystery. I felt like the mystery was easy to solve, and the ending confirmed I had predicted correctly about one fourth of the way into the story. This did not dampen my enjoyment of the story as I enjoyed following the protagonist as she worked toward a solution and confirming my own thoughts. I recommend A Lighthouse Legacy to mystery fans who need a quick, light read.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Guideposts via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment