Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Exercise is Murder by Bruce Hammack - A Book Review

  

After listening to the thirteenth book in Bruce Hammack's Smiley and McBlythe mystery series, my husband and I found the novella prequel in our Kindle library. It was nice learning how the blind former police detective and the wealthy attorney became close friends, housemates, and private investigators. In spite of the novella length of this mystery, Hammack was able to flesh out the mystery of the murder of an old friend of retired homicide detective Steve Smiley. The Columbo style ending with all of the suspects gathered in one place came naturally and did not feel rushed. The humorous banter between Smiley and McBlythe adds to the pleasure of reading, or listening, to the story. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking a quick, quirky read. I am grateful to have received this book when it was offered for free on Amazon. The publisher is Jubilee Publishing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment