Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Murder at the Courthouse by Ann H. Gabhart - A Book Review

Murder at the Courthouse (The Hidden Springs Mysteries Book #1): A Hidden Springs Mystery by [Gabhart, A. H.]   Ann H. Gabhart


When recently reading Murder Comes By Mail, book two in Gabhart's Hidden Springs Mystery series, I noticed recurring references to the body found on the courthouse steps. Then I discovered that I already owned an electronic copy of Murder at the Courthouse. So, of course I felt compelled to read it. This book was more like what I had come to expect from this author than was book two of the series. I would describe it as a cozy mystery which would also fit into the category of Christian fiction. The characters are loveable, small-town folk, well with the exception of the murderer. Yes, I did figure out “who done it” mid-way through, but that did not diminish the reading pleasure of seeing how Deputy Sheriff Michael Keane came to the realization of the murderer's identity. This author, a fellow Kentuckian, remains among my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment