Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Light Changes Everything by Nancy E. Turner - A Book Review

Light Changes Everything: A Novel



It doesn't happen often, but this was definitely one of those times when I knew within the first few pages that the author's style was not a match for me. I flipped to the middle, confirming that, and then had to close the book. So, I cannot tell you anything regarding details, but I can let you know what created the mismatch. The author's writing reads a bit like a rambling speaker. Transitions are not smooth. The dialogue is too folksy for my taste. I am sure there are readers who would like this style, referring to it as down-home, and saying it reminds them of Great Aunt Lucille. However, with so many books available, I chose to abandon this one.

I do appreciate Thomas Dunne Books providing me with a copy of Light Changes Everything via NetGalley. Opinions here are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment