Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Remember Me by Mario Escobar - A Book Review

 



I had very little background knowledge about the Spanish Civil War, and found this book intriguing as it expanded that knowledge. The book's dedication demonstrates the depth of the author's connection to the children and families impacted by this war. He writes with a strong first person voice that connected me as well. Children living in exile and removed from their parents; brothers and sisters struggling to remain together; adults who should be protectors being negligent, abusive, or both: these are the things that tug hard at the reader's heartstrings.

Mario Escobar is a very talented writer whose books I seek out. I highly recommend them to all who appreciate well-written, well-researched historical fiction built on themes that matter. I am grateful to have received a complementary copy of Remember Me from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment