Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Haunting At Bonaventure Circus by Jaime Jo Wright - A Book Review

 Haunting at Bonaventure Circus  Jaime Jo Wright

I am giving The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus five stars, but I will say that if I had not been familiar with Jaime Jo Wright's books, and had not trusted that she would be true to Christian values, there were places I would have closed the book and moved on. My trust was not misplaced, and I am very glad that I read on. The book takes place in Bluff River, Wisconsin, home of the Bonaventure Circus and the Watchman. Pippa Ripley is the protagonist in 1928, as Chandler Faulk is in the present day. In 1928 the circus was still in its hey day, but animal rights activists were already bringing attention to the circus. The Bonaventure Circus and the Ripley family were being plagued with unsettling events and circumstances. In present day, Chandler Faulk, as a representative of her uncle's company, is stirring up the past as she seeks to renovate and repurpose Bluff River's old train depot, one that was home to the circus train, and the circus owner's office. Her attention is divided between her career and parenting her son, Peter, while trying her best to reflect confidence and bravery.

Jaime Jo Wright is a wonderful author. Her plots are unique and edgy. I am grateful to have received a copy of this book from Bethany House via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment