Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Refrain Within by Liz Tolsma

 




While The Refrain Within is the third book in Tolsma's Music of Hope series, I did not feel like I missed background information important to understanding the story. As a matter of fact, prior to looking back at the front matter, I assumed it was the first of a series. I certainly would like to know what happens next in the lives of the major players in this story. The Refrain Within is an emotional tale of the impact of World War II on Jews in Hungary and those who loved them. It is also a tale of how music feeds the soul, especially during great trials, and of course how true faith in Christ grows when tested. The story is very well written, and will linger in the readers' thoughts long after it is finished.

I am grateful to have received a copy of The Refrain Within from Gilead Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment