Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Children's Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin - A Book Review

   

While the language of this book is well written, and the author paints vivid and emotional word pictures, I was disappointed in its content. I'd hoped for a book that focused on the children impacted by the Children's Blizzard as well as their families, and yes, that is in there, but the author seems to have looked for opportunities to sexualize the story in a way that spoiled the tale. It is one of the few books that I have abandoned, but that is totally because it was not a good fit for me, and has nothing to do with the writer's skill at her craft.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Delacorte Press, a division of Penguin Random House, via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment