Saturday, January 28, 2023

Courage in the Shadows by Robin Patchen - A Book Review

  

I have anxiously been awaiting Summer Lake's story in Robin Patchen's Coventry Saga series, and Courage in the Shadows did not disappoint. Lake had been very secretive in her previous appearances, but all of my questions about her were answered in this book, and what a story she has! Of course I don't want to over-share here, because you will want to discover those answers for yourself. Although the book is part of the Coventry Saga series, the cast of regulars make only cameo appearances, which works for Lake's adventures from Boston to Maine. The suspense and romance in this book are classic Patchen style, always keeping readers actively engaged and up late at night. This book will work as a stand-alone read, but I recommend reading the entire saga in sequence. It is too good to be missed.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy from the author without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. I am already looking forward to the next book in this series, currently scheduled to be released in May of 2023. 




2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have not read any of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to romantic suspense books, she is the author I recommend most often. If you enjoy Irene Hannon, Colleen Coble, Lynette Eason, Dani Pettrey...you will most definitely enjoy Robin Patchen.

    ReplyDelete