Saturday, February 11, 2023

Double the Lies by Patricia Raybon - A Book Review

  

There is lots to like about this book. I learned some things about Colorado history. I enjoy 1920s era private eye stories, and this book has a lovable, quirky one. It was unique that the detective was a young, African-American female. It is set a bit later than one of my favorite shows, PBS's Miss Scarlet and the Duke, but I think these two female detectives would relate to one another. Not only are both in the same male-dominated career, but they are both great risk-takers and a bit fickle about the men they love. There were a few scenes in Double the Lies that did not feel authentic, in which characters behaved illogically or out of character, but overall I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to cozy mystery fans.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of Double the Lies from Tyndale House Publishers via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment