Sunday, February 26, 2023

The Creative Vegetable Gardener by Kelly Smith Trimble - A Book Review

 

I selected this book because we are interested in including some edibles in our landscaped beds in addition to our raised beds designated for vegetables. The author did a nice job explaining how to begin this process, even including some pairing of plants that work well together. The photos included in this book were particularly beautiful and inspiring with regard to my purpose for reading. I especially appreciated the beds that were free form and made the most of the contours of the property on which they were located. I picked up some good gardening tips, and ideas for using some plants in more creative ways. I wasn't a fan of the sections within the book that felt more new-age related, and just skipped over them. Nor was I a fan that the book included info on growing cannabis.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Creative Vegetable Gardener from Storey Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment