Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Weight of Air by Kimberly Duffy - A Book Review

  

Kimberly Duffy has wrapped some very deep themes in the folds of a beautiful story of two women, mother and daughter, caught between living with fear and with a longing for love and acceptance. Setting their stories within the spectacular, glamorous parts of the circus that the public adored during the early twentieth century while not ignoring the blood, sweat, and tears behind the scenes only added to the intensity of the heart of their stories. This multi-themed novel will speak differently to readers whose lenses will be greatly impacted by their own histories, but I can imagine no one left unaffected. I am grateful to Kimberly Duffy for a memorable reading experience that deeply touched my heart, and to Bethany House for providing me with a complementary copy via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Great review! I am looking forward to reading this one soon.

    ReplyDelete