Wednesday, February 1, 2023

The Cairo Curse by Pepper Basham - A Book Review

  

Please do yourself the favor of reading The Mistletoe Countess before plunging into The Cairo Curse. Getting to know Lord and Lady Astley from the beginning of their relationship will be a treat that will make the second book all the more delicious. Lady Astley dreams big and loves big. Being an avid reader of fiction, especially of detective stories, along with her impulsive nature, leads her into many an adventure. Her husband is one to embrace her enthusiastic approach to life rather than to squelch it with expectations of lady-like behavior. As I read this book, it seemed as if I were meeting someone akin to Mrs. Marple in her twenties. I do believe Agatha Christie would have been a delighted fan of this series.

I am grateful to have received a complimentary copy of The Cairo Curse from Barbour Publishing via NetGalley without obligation. All opinions expressed here are my own. 






3 comments:

  1. There is NO WAY you can know how delighted I am with your sentences "I do believe Agatha Christie would have been a delighted fan of this series". WOW!!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a fun time between the pages of The Cairo Curse.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous review! I agree, the series must be read in order!

    ReplyDelete